Location: Los Angeles, California
Cindy Reichline is a Partner with Strange & Butler. Ms. Reichline is a skilled litigator whose practice focuses on antitrust legal strategy, analysis, and advocacy in state and federal courts across the U.S., as well as before international third-party arbitral tribunals. She has extensive experience with a broad range of high-stakes litigation and has managed all aspects of complex commercial litigation and dispute resolution, with an emphasis in antitrust and unfair competition litigation. Ms. Reichline has represented clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunication and internet suppliers, hospital and health care providers, department store retailers, oil and gas producers and manufacturers, and national credit data repositories.
Prior to joining Strange & Butler, Ms. Reichline was a litigator for over ten years in the antitrust group of the international law firm of Jones Day where she represented many of the world's largest companies and financial institutions.
Ms. Reichline has been selected as a Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 and was chosen as one of the Top LA Women Lawyers by Los Angeles Magazine in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015.
Ms. Reichline is committed to public service and maintains an active pro bono practice. In 2006, she was a member of the legal team honored by the Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law with the Pro Bono Volunteer of the Year Award in recognition of their successful representation of a victim of domestic violence in an international custody dispute over the client and abuser's young son.
- Served as outside general counsel to the entity charged with management and coordination of the Internet's Domain Name System and provided litigation counsel on a regular basis.
- Represented global health benefits provider in complex antitrust and breach of contract action from filing of complaint in federal court through settlement.
- Represented major hospital system in antitrust and unfair competition action from filing of complaint through seven-week jury trial in state court, with the jury returning a complete defense verdict in favor of the hospital.
- Represented Arizona's largest hospital system in connection with the Federal Trade Commission's review of the hospital's proposed acquisition of another hospital system.
- Represented a multinational energy corporation in complex federal and state antitrust consumer class actions relating to reformulated gasoline.
- Represented a national credit data repository in an antitrust action filed in federal and state court by a class of consumer credit report resellers.
- Represented department store retailer in one of the largest U.S. retail acquisitions of another retailer.
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 2004
Law Journal: UCLA Women's Law Journal, Editor, Chief Student Scholarship
University of California, Los Angeles, California
- B.A. - 2000
- Honors: College Honors Program
- Major: Sociology
- Ninth Circuit Opens Additional Window For Removal to Federal Court, Perspectives in Antitrust, ABA Section of Antitrust Law, Civil Practice & Procedure Committee, Young Lawyer Advisory Panel (July 2013)
- Antitrust Law Answer Book 2011 12, contributing author, Practicing Law Institute (July 2011, updated in 2012 & 2013)
- The Antitrust Criminal Penalty Enhancement And Reform Act: Its Past, Present And Future, The Antitrust Trial Practice Committee Newsletter, ABA Section of Antitrust Law, Trial Practice Committee (Spring 2010)
- The Apple E Books Investigation, Decision & Practice Implications, MCLE Presentation (November 20, 2013)
- Dialogues on Freedom, Los Angeles County Bar Association (October 19, 2011)
- The American Bar Association (Antitrust Section), Member
- The Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- The Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, Member